On behalf of our client within the Ontario Government we are recruiting for a Database Administrator to handle the creation, maintenance and management of databases.
As a Database Administrator, you will be administering the Information Management platform for the organization including the creation, maintenance and management of all databases and environments that support enterprise applications and systems. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for designing databases, both in SQL servers and in a server- less environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your collaborative communication style, excellent analytical skills, and your in-depth knowledge of database management to ensure client satisfaction with the databases and environments.
Note: This role will be focused on the use and application of the Microsoft BI and Azure software stack including SQL Server and Azure Server Integration Services.
- Plan, design and create databases for the organization, while ensuring the databases are secured according to requirements
- Maintain and monitor the database platform
- Implementing performance tuning on the databases and re-balancing workloads across database servers
- Manage version control of database schemas & procedures in the Azure DevOps
- Assist with streamlining and improving data integration efficiencies, reducing effort related to development and support, while providing security, flexibility and scalability
- Partner with Information Security team to manage user access provisioning, grants and permissions, in a safe and secure way.
- Assist with the implementation of database solutions and assist others performing implementations that impact databases or enterprise applications/systems
- Work with Azure Storage services such as; Blob Storage, Tables, Azure CDN, File Storage and Data Warehouse
- Provide technical guidance or assistance to vendor/internal teams on data extraction, delivery, loading, and reporting
This is a 1 year contract and will be a flexible Hybrid work arrangement based out of a Toronto main office.
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, IT or related areas OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Certifications and/or other vendor certifications would be a strong asset
- 7+ years of progressive experience in Database systems design, development and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL database administration and SQL Server 2019, including: data backup, recovery, security, etc. across multiple regions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/D365 and programming languages API would be a strong asset
- Experience scheduling workloads from IaaS to multiple targets in Azure
- Supporting business critical operations for on-premises or Azure instances.
- Experience administering and managing resources in Azure, such as Storage Accounts, Keyvaults, Azure Data Factory
- Ability to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues using default tools, third-party solutions, or Azure console, and provide performance and tuning recommendations as needed
- Experience with installation of patches and cumulative updates in SQL Server environments, VM’s
- Experience with Powershell scripting
- Experience in administration and configuration of CosmosDB and MySQLDB
- Intermediate skill with using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills