On behalf of our client in the Ontario Government we are recruiting for a BI/ETL Developer to work in the Health Protection and Promotion area.
Design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
Required to translate technical systems specifications into working, tested applications. This includes developing detailed programming specifications, writing and/or generating code, compiling data-driven programs, maintaining, and conducting unit tests.
Resolves and troubleshoots technical problems which arise during the use and operation of software packages, including technical assistance in implementation, conversion and migrations.
• Hands-on and demonstrated experience with MSSQL Server 2014/2016 (or newer) and SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
• Experienced MSSQL server developer with experience building Stored Procedures, functions, scripting
• Experience designing, developing and delivering an ETL solution with MSSQL server
• Experience designing and developing data marts, data models, databases and data repositories
Software Development & ETL Skills
• Experience with ETL tools such as SQL, Informatica and techniques to manage data integrity and quality.
• Experience building enterprise level ETL development packages and products
• Knowledge of web-based applications and the technical infrastructure in which databases operate to enable efficient interfaces and leverage technical architecture and network capabilities
• Knowledge of reporting and Business Intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Crystal Reports, Cognos and SAS to customise reporting and enable business customers to exploit business analytics.
• Knowledge of a variety of database programming software tools and business analysis techniques to solicit and understand customer requirements and translate them into functional database structures
• Experience defining and building ETL“extraction, transform and load” processes
• Experience eliciting and reviewing business requirements for databases and data extractions with business customers, aggregates findings and develops/implements plans to create, accommodate, migrate and integrate multiple sources of data in a variety of formats within current technical constraints
• Experience translating business data management requirements into data models and schemas for the design and development of databases and other data management mechanisms within the overall data architecture of PHO
• Knowledge of formal change and incident management processes such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to ensure that databases, tools and processes are implemented without risk to the technical and business environments and make sure that database problems are resolved promptly and permanently.
• Does the candidate possess strong oral communication and interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and with business customers to provide technical expertise regarding data, database and information management solutions
• Does the candidate have experience with planning, organizational scheduling and prioritization skills to manage own work assignments and tasks, handle multiple concurrent activities, respond to fluctuating demands, meet tight deadlines, resolve incidents, support changing customer requests and provide technical advice and guidance to colleagues and customers
Health Care or Laboratory Data related experience
• Knowledge of the development and application of information and data architectures to support public health surveillance, analytics and epidemiology.
• Knowledge of PHO lines of business and their general data and information together with knowledge of the various applications that support the business community including: clinical, scientific, research and administrative systems such as finance and HR in order to ensure that new databases complement and leverage existing applications.
• Knowledge of PHO and OPS security standards and legislation such as FIPPA and PHIPA to ensure that databases comply.