On behalf of an established GTA-based retail furnishings client, we are recruiting for a Microsoft stack Database/Reporting Analyst to support the Data/Reporting needs of the organization as well as support of some business applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining data storage and serve as the source for accessing, gathering, organizing, and interpreting the information on behalf of business stakeholders.
- Oversee database development and modification efforts to ensure secure, efficient, and accurate data
- Gather, organize, and interpret statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, business stakeholders
- Review and ensure data integrity within data sources
- Manage data feeds from external ERP systems
- Assess business user reporting and data needs and develop/schedule reports using various tools like SSRS, Excel/VBA
- Identify, analyze and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful to the business
- Provide application support for existing .Net/SQL based applications using Access, T/SQL, Excel VBA, Visual Basic, Oracle PL SQL, UNIX Shell scripting.
- Build on-line applications on intranet to serve as supporting evidence for various reports generated, using ASP, SQL Server, ADO/OLEDB
- Post-secondary education in business or applied computer science combined with minimum 5 years experience in developing and maintaining medium to large scale business systems
- Strong Excel skills and high level of comfort with technology and data
- Experience building reports using Excel/VBA and SSRS.
- Familiarity with SQL Administration. (Oracle and Sybase Database administration is an asset).
- Experience with application support/programming in a .Net environment
- Familiarity with retail, wholesale or accounting applications, concepts, and language
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments in accordance with deadlines and quality standards
- Ability to work autonomously while thriving in a collaborative in-office environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Service-minded and solution-oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter mentality