On behalf of our client within the Ontario Government, we are recruiting for a Database Architect/Data Modeler as part of a major Data team working on Data Modeling for BI deliverables.
Design Documentation and Analysis Skills (45 points)
- Demonstrated experience in creating both Functional Design Documents (FDD) & Detailed Design Documents (DDD). –
- Experience in Fit-Gap analysis, system use case reviews, requirements reviews, coding exercises and reviews.
- Experience in the development and maintaining a plan to address contract deliverables, through the identification of significant milestones and expected results with weekly status reporting.
- Work with the Client & Developer(s) assigned to refine/confirm Business Requirements
- Participate in defect fixing, testing support and development activities for Informatica/ETL tool. Assist with defect fixing and testing support for Cognos reports.
- Analyze and document solution complexity and interdependencies
BI Data Modelling and Technical Skills (45 points)
- Understanding of Data Modelling for Business Intelligence including:
a. Expert Knowledge of data warehouse design methodologies, data vault and dimensional modeling in particular
b. Understanding of Extract/Transform/Load processes to transform data for reporting/BI purposes
c. Ability to define schema for reporting databases
d. Experience with advanced modeling tools,
- Knowledge of BI tools for metadata modeling and report design
a) Cognos 10/11
- Extensive knowledge and experience in MS SQL Server Technology, Azure SQL Database or Synapse, Azure Data Lake
- Experience using Oracle database server and tools (12c, 19c), PL/SQL for development of Business Intelligence applications. Demonstrated skills in writing SQL stored procedures and packages for datamarts and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in performance tuning of Business Intelligence applications, including data model and schema optimization
Knowledge Transfer (10 points)
- The Architect / Modeler must have previous work experience in conducting Knowledge Transfer and training sessions, ensuring the resources will receive the required knowledge to support the system. The resource must develop learning activities using review-watch-do methodology & demonstrate the ability to prepare and present.
- Development of documentation and materials as part of a review and knowledge transfer to other members
- Development of specific activities as part of a review (hand over to ministry staff)and building block approach which, build on knowledge transfer and skills development from the previous stage to the next
- Development and facilitation of classroom based or virtual instructor demo led sessions for Developers
- Monitor identified milestones and submission of status reports to ensure Knowledge Transfer is fully completed
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your profile and we will reach out to all qualified candidates.
Thank you for your interest.