On behalf of our client in the enterprise A/V space we are recruiting for a L1/L2 Field Engineer to join the technical team involved in building out, implementing and supporting client systems.
- prepare systems for in house project work. This includes asset information collection and the implementation of asset management, in house build, including AV Racks and Room Systems for stress testing. Device configuration and testing.
- Update firmware for all devices in the system
- Configure IP address, hostnames & record information in AV IT sheet
- Assign IP IDs based on list from programmer and label all field endpoint devices
- In house system UX stress testing
- Identify, resolve, and record all system issues during in house testing
- Test pivot datapoints and alerts during in house testing
- Collaborate with programmers to host client Ux demos
- Execute system testing plan
- Coordinate with programmers to manage system commissioning
- Provide level 1/2 technical support, both remote and onsite, to troubleshoot client system issues
- Lead the resolution process, architecting the troubleshooting plan and managing communications with internal team members, vendors and the client
- Lead Scheduled Maintenance work, remote on-site including system checks, firmware updates and break fix maintenance. Complete maintenance reports for review with the client
- Engage with the required vendor technical resources to effectively handle diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Deep technical expertise in all aspects of integrated audio-visual systems from having been a technician, field engineer, programmer, or system designer
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a unique ability to connect and empathize with clients
- A passionate curiosity in getting to and solving challenging technical problems with limited information
- Ability to read, decipher and update Audio Visual line drawings and scope of works documentation
- Expertise with major equipment manufacturers (including but not limited to - Crestron, Poly, Logitech, Microsoft, Cisco, Zoom, Shure, QSC, Biamp, etc.). Manufacturer certifications are highly desired.
- Knowledge of major UC platforms, including but not limited to – Microsoft Teams, Zoom (Desktop and meeting room experience), Cisco WebEx, etc. with related certifications
- Networking understanding, capabilities, and certifications
- Audio-visual manufacturer certifications are highly desired, if you do not hold these you have a willingness to complete within the first 6 months
- Some programming skills/knowledge/experience is nice to have and highly valued.
- CTS designation is nice to have
If you are interested/qualified for this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter if desired. We will reach out to all qualified applicants.